Thursday 11 June 2009

Breakfast at Tiffany's

I downloaded the aforementioned film a few days ago, and finally sat down tonight armed with a pepperoni pizza and a thrist-quenching drink to watch 'that daring, darling Holly Golightly'. I even had my huge headphones on, so I could hear exactly what was going on (loudly) without disturbing my revision-bound housemates. I was pleasantly surprised by the opening dialogue, and I thought to myself - 'oh, I didn't know she spoke Spanish in the film, I don't think it was mentioned in the book.'

After a minute, I started thinking, 'hmmm, not being funny, but I haven't understood a word so far...'

And finally, one long, confused and embarrassing moment later, it dawned on me... it was all gonna be in Spanish!! The whole frickin' movie was dubbed!!

So no only was I disappointed, I was also forced to confront my own naive stupidity.

My goodness, there is most certainly a lot of that.

Bringing me nicely onto my next point -

Deep Blue Something sang a song, also named by the aforementioned title. Before I had discovered the wonders of www.letssingit.com I was under the impression that the chorus lyrics ran:

And I said what about Breakfast at Tiffany's
She said I think I remember the film and
There's tarragon, parsley, and all kinds of spices,
And I said well that's one thing we've got.

The mind boggles.

1 comment:

  1. you can find subtitles for films online quite easily and download them for free, all the instructions are online, its fairly simple to do but can be a little confusing the first time.

    ReplyDelete