Thursday 18 March 2010

Just a ramble...

I did not blog at all in the month of February - so here is a short ramble before I completely forget the art of stringing sentences together in an (arguably) amusing fashion:

I did start a post about a fortnight ago, but have so far failed to make any headway with it as, these days, if I'm not working on my laptop then I'm taking (what I perceive to be) a well-earned break to catch up on some Gilmore Girls or laugh at South Park. Although, having said that, last week I stumbled upon an article on psychopathy (see here) which took the best part of a day to read through. At first it was all very intriguing, until I started to think it didn't really have much of a basis in science. Anyway, various playings-around from one link to the next took me to this interview with the founder of (amongst others) the site upon which said article is hosted. Now, all of that made for some very hefty reading. But it was worth it, I think, for two of the funniest things I have read in the last three months:

- hyperdimensional beings are perpetrating an experiment on us, manipulating us, with evidence to strongly suggest we are food for them

and

- scientists in one field don't talk so much to scientists in other fields - like the Egyptologists

Much LOLing ensued on my part.

I swear Egyptology isn't an actual science?! Egyptoligists must be historians, surely! Historians interpret various sources from the past. Ergo, history is not science. Anyway! A discussion for another time, perhaps!

I don't know if this makes any sense to people reading it out of context, but if you go through the aforementioned interview, you'll come across what I mean (...eventually. I did wonder why I spent so much time reading so much nonsense. It must've been a slow news day.)

Oh, I also watched 'In The Loop' this weekend. It kind of likened itself to me as a heavily satirical, political version of Napoleon Dynamite. But I have only seen ND once, and that was over three years ago, so the comparison is probably not valid. But I don't think either film has explicit humour, it's all more about the delivery.

And finally - I thought I found two googlewhacks today. However, I don't think they fell within the guidelines - shame!

No comments:

Post a Comment